Thursday, July 25, 2013

I'm Shifting My Focus To Diapers

Since I started sewing, I've always made a ton of different things.  I can make pretty much anything.  I love sewing, and I'll always make things that aren't diapers, but from this point on, I'm not going to be selling my non-diaper items on etsy.
Here's a picture of some of the things I have made that are not diapers.



Mei Tai carrier for a friend's baby shower.  (Shown with cover.)
(without cover.  Sports mesh to keep Baby cool.)
A reversible hat for my nephew.

"Lego Ninjago"

Dresses for the girls...


And a few "Batman" capes.
That's just a few of them.  I also made my older daughter a princess dress for Christmas, and made myself a bunch of long "hippie" skirts that I'm not really sure how I managed to live without, before.  All my kids have hats I made them, and two of the kids have blankets.  I'm currently in the middle of figuring out how to make my older daughter a quilt (her choice for a blanket).  And I've dabbled in bonnets and family cloth, and all those types of things.  I like finding new things to create on Pinterest.  It's a little addicting...

That was all before I sat down and actually came up with a business plan.  I'm a by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of gal.  Always have been.  And to be honest, it's worked out pretty well.  LOL  But I want PeepOoie to be something more than a hobby.  I want it to be something that can help take some of the financial burden off my husband, while I'm doing something I love.  The cherry on top is that I can give people something that they're going to love as much as I do.  I consider that a win/win/win!!!  The only way I'm going to do that is to focus on one thing...the thing I love making the most.  My diapers are my obsession.  To be successful, I need to put all my energy into them.

So now that I have a plan in place, I'm moving toward making it happen.  That means that ALL the non-diaper items in my shop are on sale right now.  There are dresses, hats, blankets, and family cloth that I need gone.  Deciding that this is going to be a successful business, instead of just a hobby, means that I'm counting my pennies and all sales are even more appreciated now than ever!!

If you aren't interested in anything you see on sale in my shop, I'd super appreciate it if you could pass the link along to someone who might be.

You can find those sale items RIGHT HERE.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!!
I hope you have a wonderful day.  :)

~Katie.


No comments:

Post a Comment