Saturday, August 10, 2013

It Takes Me A Long Time To List Things...

It does.  And I fully admit that.  But there's a reason.  Well...there are three, actually.  And as much as this business means the world to me, it means nothing compared to these kids.  They are growing up way too fast, and summer is almost over.  We have to enjoy every second we have together.

Checking out a grasshopper.
I want my kids to remember the time we spent together doing things like catching bugs and running through the long grass behind the building next door.  I want them to remember our walks and our talks and feeling like they are the center of the universe.  Because this doesn't last forever.  Before we know it, these kids grow up and move away, and life doesn't let them be the center of the universe anymore.

"Ooie" loves snails.
 When we're outside, together, running in that field like a bunch of weirdos, I get to see them be free.  No one in the world is going to tell me that making diapers in a certain time-frame is as important as these kids.  And it's fine with me if this business comes second, after them.


Because I have my whole life to do this.  I only have a few more years before my kids are too busy to be with me all the time, and I'm going to make the most of them.

xoxo
~Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment